IIMM has a comprehensive evaluation comprising of three stages in its admission process. Students intending to join IIMM must meet the minimum academic qualification for the specific course.
In addition, each student will go through the following stages:
- Written Examination
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The written examination is of 100 marks.
The paper has three sections:
The questions in this section are designed to test the student’s competence in current affairs, general knowledge, logical reasoning, and aptitude. There is no negative marking but all questions are compulsory.
- Multiple Choice Questions
Students will write short notes on issues related to national and international affairs.
- Short Notes
The Descriptive Questions section requires the student to analyse issues pertaining to national and international affairs. The student’s ability to communicate her/his point of view and command over language is also evaluated.
- Descriptive Questions
The group discussion carries 50 marks.
A typical group discussion at IIMM includes six to seven students discussing an issue of national or international interest. Students are assessed on their communication skills, knowledge, their participation in the group, and their role in the group dynamics
The last stage of the admission process is the personal interview. It carries 50 marks.
Students will attend an interview panel. Assessment of the student is on the basis of their ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, reasoning, and professionalism.
Fees & Accounts
- Fees is accepted via cheque/ demand draft/ online mode during the specified period. A fees receipt for the same must be obtained from the accounts department.
- The institutional fee is non-refundable and shall not be adjusted for any alternative course or for a subsequent session.
- The fee shall remain non- refundable even in case of cancellation of admission.
All demand drafts (DD)/ pay orders / cheques for payment of fees should be drawn in favour of “International Institute of Mass Media”.
- A copy of the “Student Rules and Regulation Booklet” must be obtained by all students on the day of joining.
Fees and charges are subject to revision even during an ongoing academic session
Seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC as per government rules.
IIMM offers a limited number of scholarships on a merit–cum–need basis for each course.
IIMM reserves five seats in each course under the Management Quota. Students who qualify academically for this can meet the course coordinator for admission. The three-staged admission process will not apply to these students.
- Participation in both theory and practical examinations is compulsory for eligibility for receiving diplomas / degrees/ certificates.
- Participation in the production exercises is obligatory for students as part of his/her course.
- Appearing in the internal examination is mandatory for all students.
- Students failing to fulfil the criteria established in previous statements will not be aided in the internship and placement programme.
- Fees and charges are subject to revision even during an ongoing session.
- Some faculty members mentioned in the prospectus may not be available for all academic sessions.